Dostinex is used to treat certain hormone problems. Generic Dostinex is also used for prolactin-producing tumors, Parkinson's disease, and to adjust various hormone levels in certain diseases. Generic Dostinex is also used to reduce or prevent breast milk production (except after childbirth).
Dostinex is known to cause orthostatic hypotension; therefore, you should be careful if you are taking other drugs to lower your blood pressure. If you suffer from hepatic impairment, then you should go for regular check-up while taking this brand or generic Dostinex. This drug contains Cabergoline , which is a dopamine receptor agonist. The drug may be abused recreationally for the purpose of reducing the male refractory period. It may decrease voluntary alcohol consumption. You should be careful while using this drug if you are hypersensitive to ergot derivatives.
Generic Dostinex is taken by mouth twice a week. Dosage is adjusted generally at 4 week periods based on blood tests. Take Generic Dostinex exactly as directed. Do not take more or less than prescribed by your doctor.
Generic Dostinex may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these side effects are severe or do not go away:
* muscle cramps
* abnormal dreams
* feeling dizzy
* tingling or numbness sensation
The following side effects are uncommon, but if you experience any of them, call your doctor immediately:
* vision problems
* swelling of feet or ankles
* chest pain
* a skin rash
* Tell your doctor your medical history, including any allergies, psychiatric illness, liver disease, high blood pressure or high blood.
* Avoid alcohol as it may aggravate side effects of Generic Dostinex.
* Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking Generic Dostinex, call your doctor immediately.
* Generic Dostinex may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this drug affects you.